TERMS & CONDITIONS
This page states the Terms and Conditions under which you use www.inismeain.com. Please note that any use of this website means that you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
CANCELLATION POLICY - CANCELLATIONS BY GUEST
- We have a very strict Cancellation Policy due to a number of factors as outlined below. This cancellation policy is required to keep the business feasible and sustainable.
- All Island Stay Reservations are subject to a non-refundable deposit of €1,000.
- If an Island Stay Reservation is cancelled more than 90 days before the first day of the stay a refund minus the €1,000 deposit will be applied to the card that the reservation was paid with. If a prepaid reservation is cancelled less than 90 days before the first day of the stay, no refund will apply.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations are not valid until a guest has received a Cancellation Confirmation Email from Inis Meáin Island Stays writing from email@example.com.
- As credit card details are not stored by Inis Meáin Island Stays, guests will need to give their card details again to receive any refund due under the cancellation policy for prepaid reservations.
- We are honoured that many guests consider a stay at Inis Meáin Island Stays for such special occasions – from significant birthdays and anniversaries to engagements and honeymoons. However due to the exceptional factors outlined below, the cancellation policy can never be wavered no matter how tragic or unfortunate circumstances may be, as to do so would likely make the business inviable.
- This includes guests missing the ferry or plane to the island on the first day of their stay. Please ensure that you leave sufficient journey time as traffic can be quite congested particularly around Galway City.
- Please note that the business relies on income from sales of the specially curated food and drink offered and produced by a full-time team. Therefore for cancellations where the house cannot be rebooked, there is a significant loss of income to the business beyond the cost of the house for the Island Stay as there are very limited local retail opportunities among the local island population of just 180 people.
- Cancellation fees also go towards multiple transaction costs, significant administration time, and possible discounts given to try to refill houses within 3 months of the stay date. Therefore even if a house is cancelled by a guest is filled again, the cancellation fees still apply.
- Therefore guests are strongly advised to obtain Travel Insurance to cover the cost of the house rental including, cancellation fees.
- We have a very strict cancellation policy for Inis Meáin Island Stays due to a number of factors as follows – The Island Stay Houses are for groups of up to 4 and 8 guests. Groups tend to plan travel and book houses up to a year or more in advance in order to co-ordinate calendars etc., therefore group travel rarely happens at short-notice. The guests who visit Inis Meáin tend to come from all over the world and they are travelling to a remote, logistically challenging location which requires even more advance planning than usual. We are located on a small, off-shore island of 180 people, with no passing trade, or events to create demand at shorter notice. The business is very small with just 2 properties taking 30 bookings each per year due to logistical factors, therefore each booking is a very significant amount of our annual revenue, and the business model is based on full occupancy to be feasible. There is a full-time team employed to offer all that is included in Inis Meáin Island Stays, therefore even if a house remains empty, the vast majority of the costs of the business are still incurred. Thank you for reading and for your understanding of our Cancellation Policy.
CANCELLATION POLICY - CANCELLATIONS BY PROPERTY
– If, due to extremely rare weather conditions being forecast during the season, it appears that guests would not be able to travel to or from the island on their arrival or departure days, Inis Meáin Island Stays reserves the right to close for the days that travel to the island is due to be severely restricted. In this case the house prepayment would be refunded pro rata for the number of nights that travel service was not available. If guest’s selected travel option was not available due to weather, but another travel option was available, no refund would apply.
– Inis Meáin Island Stay Reservations are only confirmed once guests receive a Reservation Confirmation Email. If due to an extremely rare technical or human error a double booking should be discovered, Inis Meáin Island Stays will refund any house reservation prepayment applicable and arrange for accommodation elsewhere on the island if at all possible, or resolve the situation to the best of our ability.
We currently accept the following form of payment: Visa, Mastercard.
Payment can be made using only the methods above, and payment for your full order offer will be taken immediately. The total amount you pay is the same regardless of the payment method. All Payments are Secure, and are handled by Realex.
YOUR AGREEMENT WITH WWW.INISMEAIN.COM
These Terms and Conditions constitute the agreement between you and us relating to the provision of goods or services you have offered to purchase. These conditions supersede all other proposals both aural and written.
Upon ordering we are not making a legal offer to provide the goods or services ordered. We are inviting you to make a legal offer to us for you to purchase the goods or services. It is entirely at our discretion to reject or accept your offer of purchase.
This agreement is only confirmed when we have accepted your offer to purchase the goods or services and have sent you an invoice, dispatch receipt or booking confirmation that includes the date of the agreement being accepted which will be the date shown on said invoice, receipt or confirmation.
INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
Whilst every effort is made to update the information contained on this website, neither the Website Owner nor any third party or data or content provider make any representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, research information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) (“information”) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website. The Website Owner reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only and is not intended for trading purposes. You and your company rely on the information contained on this website at your own risk. If you find an error or omission at this site, please let us know.
All images, graphics and text content displayed on the Website belong to the Website Owner. The design of the website is also original and created by the Website Owner. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use or copy any image, graphic, text or design content without the prior written permission of the Website Owner.
The trade marks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trade marks”) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trade marks of the Website Owner. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trade mark without the prior written permission of the Website Owner.
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of the Website Owner and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of the Website Owner. Please contact us if you would like to link to this website.
The Website Owner makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website, the information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
The Website Owner shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party (including your company), as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website, any information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system. In particular, neither the Website Owner nor any third party or data or content provider shall be liable in any way to you or to any other person, firm or corporation whatsoever for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever arising from any delays, inaccuracies, errors in, or omission of any share price information or the transmission thereof, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon or occasioned thereby or by reason of non-performance or interruption, or termination thereof.
These website terms and conditions constitute the sole record of the agreement between you and the Website Owner in relation to your use of the website. Neither you nor the Website Owner shall be bound by any express tacit or implied representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein. Unless otherwise specifically stated these website terms and conditions supersede and replace all prior commitments, undertakings or representations, whether written or oral, between you and the Website Owner in respect of your use of the website.
The Website Owner may at any time modify any relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices. You acknowledge that by visiting the website from time to time, you shall become bound to the current version of the relevant terms and conditions (the “current version”) and, unless stated in the current version, all previous versions shall be superseded by the current version. You shall be responsible for reviewing the then current version each time you visit the website.
No indulgence or extension of time which either you or the Website Owner may grant to the other will constitute a waiver of or, whether by estoppel or otherwise, limit any of the existing or future rights of the grantor in terms hereof, save in the event or to the extent that the grantor has signed a written document expressly waiving or limiting such rights.
The Website Owner shall be entitled to cede, assign and delegate all or any of its rights and obligations in terms of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices to any third party.
All provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices, which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as though it has not been written and the remaining provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall remain in full force and effect.
All contracts made under these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of the Republic of Ireland. All disputes arising out of the Terms and Conditions and/or Contracts entered into with Inismeain.com shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of Ireland.
COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS